Excellent craftsmanship is provided as a standard to our customers. Laub Builders has the experience and fortitude to get the work done right for you. If you can dream it, we can build it!
Laub Builders will work with your home plans, architect plans or chose from one of Laub Builderd many custom home designs to create a dream home to fit your lifestyle. Laub Builders has built hundreds of styles including bi-levels, bungalows, colonials, contemporary styles, cape cods, ranches, traditional homes and more.
Custom Home Building Process
Laub Builders will guide you through the entire process providing you input and guidance from the creative details down to zoning compliance. Chose to build your home on your land anywhere in the greater Lehigh Valley area or choose from one of Laub Builders’ lots (click to learn about Paradise Estates). Below are the steps to building a new home.
1. Initial Meeting. Meet with Scott Laub and discuss your ideas, plans and lifestyle. You may have your own plans or work with your architect. If you need a referral to find an experienced architect or if you’d like to go through custom home design plans, Laub Builders has the resources for you.
2. Mini Plan. Review your initial ideas and selected plans with Scott Laub. Then Laub builders will input your blueprints into their CAD software to create a plan and a good faith estimate.
3. Plan finalization. Once you decide on the final drawings you will visit the home site with Laub Builders to finalize plans. Laub Builders will provide you with fully compliant construction plans, and a good faith estimate for the project. This includes Laub Builders communicating with their experienced and trusted team of quality sub-contractors including plumbing, HVAC, electrical and others for quotes on their work.
4. Contract. At this point you will secure your financing, execute a building contract and provide Laub Builders with a deposit. Deposits typically range between $1,000 and $1,500. The deposit is credited toward the cost of your home.
5. Submission of permits. With the fully compliant construction plans in hand, Laub Builders will help you secure the appropriate permits and approvals needed to build your home.
6. Break ground. With approvals in place Laub Builders will break ground on your new home and begin the construction process.
7. Home construction. Laub will work on your home and complete your home in approximately 6 months. Laub Builders encourages you and your family to frequently visit the home construction site to watch the progress and discuss the project. Open visitation and communication is welcome as this has made Laub Builders a trusted name in the home building community.
8. Final walk through and close. When your home is 100% complete, Laub Builders will walk you through the home to examine the work and craftsmanship, review functions of all systems, basic care, troubleshooting and emergency procedures. Laub Builders will answer all your questions and leave you with homeowner information as well as how to reach all the suppliers, tradesmen and others who worked on your home.